Introducing Exhibitions (Beta): First NFT Staking Platform on Harmony!
Exhibitions Grand Opening!
Good afternoon, KURO fam! We’re so excited to announce the grand opening Exhibitions (Beta), a brand new addition to the Kuro Shiba Art Museum and the very first NFT staking platform on Harmony!
While the Art Museum is our main gallery featuring exclusive Kuro Shiba NFTs that you can stake to earn KURO, our new Exhibitions (Beta) feature curated NFT projects that you can stake to earn ONE or HRC-20 tokens.
Public Beta → https://beta.kuroshiba.one/exhibitions
^Note that this link will not work until we’ve pushed to production at the start of our launch party (1/16 at 7pm PST)!
Launch Party Tonight!
To kick off Exhibitions (Beta), we’ll be hosting a launch party at 7pm PST on Sunday, 1/16 in our Discord server — https://discord.gg/kuroshiba! There will be $KURO prizes, trivia, DJ Kuro in voice chat with the team, and we are giving away 6 (yes, 6!!!) stakeable Kuro Shiba NFTs! 🥳🎉
The first stakeable NFTs in our Exhibitions will be our friends at Dingos and Harmony Whales. You’ll be able to stake Dingos to earn xDingo (xDG) tokens, and stake Whales to earn Arbiter (ARB). Here’s how it all works:
Stake NFTs to Earn Tokens:
To stake your Dingos and/or Harmony Whales, all you have to do is go to https://beta.kuroshiba.one/exhibitions (link won’t work until the launch party starts) and connect your wallet to get started. The first button will require payment of the admission fee, which we’ll explain further below:
Admission Fee 101:
- To bring more utility to KURO tokens and value for holders, Exhibition visitors will need to pay an admission fee in KURO to stake NFTs in the Exhibitions.
- The admission fee is currently 3500 KURO, i.e., ~$25 at the time of deploying the staking contracts on January 15, 2022. This is non-refundable.
- You only need to pay the admission fee once per wallet per Exhibition. So, if you’re staking only 1 or 25 Dingos, you pay 3500 KURO per wallet. You do not need to repay the admission fee if you unstake and restake later.
- However, if you want to stake 2 Dingos and 5 Whales, then you will need to pay the 3500 KURO admission once for the Dingo Exhibition and then once again for the Whales Exhibition for a total of 7000 KURO.
- Be sure to assess the token rewards vs. admission fee — and potential price movements of each — before you enter any Exhibition. DYOR and stake NFTs responsibly!
Note that the admission fee does not apply to the regular Art Museum (main gallery). Kuro Shiba NFTs will not be charged an admission fee, as this is only a platform fee we are charging for non-Kuro Shiba NFTs. 👩🏻🎨
Staking (and Unstaking) Made Easy:
There are a few contract interactions you’ll need complete before you can stake your NFTs, namely:
- Approve Admission Fee, then confirm in MM.
- Pay Admission Fee, then confirm in MM.
- Approve Collection, then confirm in MM.
After completing the above, you’ll be able to stake your NFTs! The Exhibitions will automatically detect the token IDs of the NFTs you hold, and will allow you to select specific NFTs to stake — or you can stake them all at once.
You can also unstake some or all of your NFTs at any time, without penalty and without being charged another KURO admission fee for that wallet.
Feel free to stake and unstake as much as you want, accounting only for the Harmony gas per transaction. If you want to help the Kuro Shiba team improve staking, please feel free to transact often and let us know if you encounter any bugs in the #beta-testing channel of our Discord.
Similar to the Art Museum:
For those of you who have been beta testing our Art Museum, you’ll find the Exhibitions (Beta) to be a similar experience. However, we’ve made tons of QOL updates and implemented the above-described admission fee for the Exhibitions. Here’s how the Exhibitions compare to the Art Museum:
- (New) Multiple NFTs can be staked per wallet.
- (New) Rewards are dictated by the NFT projects, not the KURO team.
- (New) There is a one-time, non-refundable admission fee.
- (New) UI shows claimed rewards and estimated rewards per day.
- (Original) You can still stake and unstake your NFT any time.
- (Original) Staking rewards are still 100% unlocked.
- (Original) Unstaking your NFT will auto-claim rewards for you.
With those updates in mind, feel free to read this previous Medium post on the Art Museum for a deep dive on Kuro Shiba NFT staking. ✨🖼
(We’ll also be publishing a new, all-inclusive white paper on NFT staking once we’re done with beta testing and have implemented more bug fixes and QOL updates based on Exhibitions feedback.)
Although our Exhibitions are based on the Art Museum — which we extensively tested on private testnet and public mainnet — please keep in mind that this is the first public testing of our Exhibitions. As such, we encourage user feedback in the #beta-testing channel of our Discord.
Additionally, there may be some minor hiccups due to launching during the wake of major RPC issues on Harmony. The network appears stable and in working condition thanks to hard work from the Harmony team, but you may need to refresh the webpage sometimes if it appears stuck.
Lastly, we encourage everyone who is new to the Kuro Shiba community or just trying out NFT staking for the first time to chat with us in Discord! The team will be hanging out in voice chat during the launch party, so this is a perfect opportunity to get to know us. Can’t wait to party with y’all! 🐺💕